Butter scotch brownies sometimes also called Blonotdie’s.
The difference between a chocolate brownie and a butter scotch brownie is that there is no addition of coco powder or chocolate in the butter scotch brownies instead has a rich flavor of vanilla.
These are chewy dense bars which are made with brown sugar and often nuts like pecans or walnuts are added to it.
On eve of National Butterscotch Brownie Day in United States; here a quick recipe of traditional American butterscotch brownies for our readers from Chef’s Umesh Mattoo Kitchen
Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
|•||Unsalted Butter||100 gms|
|•||Dark Brown Sugar||100gms|
|•||Vanilla Extract||1 tsp.|
|•||Baking powder||3 gms.|
– In a pan melt butter.
– Add sugar and brown sugar and mix well.
– Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract and beat till sugar is dissolved.
– Sift baking powder and flour together and add to the prepared mixture and mix well.
– Add chopped walnuts.
– Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9×9 baking dish and line with grease proof paper.
– Stir in remaining ingredients. The mixture will be thick. Spread in greased baking dish.
– Bake 30-35 minutes in preheated oven until brown.
– Cool and cut into 16 equal size square.
You can choose to style it up by sprinkling chocolate flakes or a dollop of butterscotch ice-cream on the top.
From the Kitchen of Chef UmeshMattoo
Recipe [email protected]&Gypsyescapade Food & Chefs